Sunday, August 31, 2014

Happy Dance


Do you ever get in the kitchen and create something that makes you do a little happy dance?  Even better, has your family ever done a happy dance after eating something you created?  Well, this dish did just that.  My teenagers actually talked to each other for the first time since I don't when and agreed on how much they both liked this chicken.

This is a recipe from Longhorn Steakhouse for Garlic Parmesan Crusted Chicken.  This recipe is out there all over the place, and plainchicken.com says her mother found the recipe in a newspaper.  Now, I've never eaten at Longhorn Steakhouse before, so I don't know if this really is the real deal.  But it is for sure a keeper in my house.  The recipe calls for grilling the chicken, but I baked mine.  I bet you will get some happy dances too for this chicken.  Enjoy!

GARLIC PARMESAN CRUSTED CHICKEN
FOR THE CHICKEN MARINADE:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 C olive oil
1/2 C Ranch dressing
3 T Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

FOR THE SAUCE LAYER:
1/4 C Ranch dressing
1/4 C shredded Parmesan cheese

FOR THE PARMESAN CRUMB TOPPING:
1/2 C Panko breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/3 C shredded Parmesan cheese
2 T melted butter
Provolone cheese slices

Put the chicken in a large zipper bag.  Mix together the marinade ingredients and pour it into the bag.  Place the chicken in the fridge and marinate it for at least an hour.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Lay the chicken on a sheet pan and bake for about 16 minutes.  Turn the chicken over and bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees.

Meanwhile, mix together the sauce layer (Ranch and Parmesan cheese).  Mix together the Parmesan crumb topping ingredients (not the Provolone).  

When the chicken is done, preheat the broiler.  Spread the sauce mixture over each piece of chicken.  Lay a slice of Provolone cheese over the sauce.  Spoon the Parmesan crumb topping ingredients over the top of the Provolone. Broil a couple of minutes (watch it closely so it doesn't burn) to melt the cheeses and brown the top.

21 comments:

  1. Loved the recipe. So easy and fast. My husband loved it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elena! I'm so glad you both enjoyed it!

      Delete
    2. i was going to add muster cheese how long does it take to make this recipe

      Delete
    3. Munster cheese sounds great! It should take you about 40-45 minutes from start to finish plus the time to marinate. Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. I'm excited to try this tonight! What kind of vinegar do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used white vinegar, but you could try champagne vinegar too. I hope you enjoy it, Nicole!

      Delete
  3. Can you taste the ranch a lot? I am not a big fan of ranch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Siera! There is prominent Ranch flavor. I would suggest maybe trying another creamy dressing in its place, like maybe creamy Italian or blue cheese or something like that. I would leave out the vinegar and maybe the lemon juice if you use creamy Italian. Enjoy!

      Delete
  4. I made this for my boyfriend we tried saving half for lunch the next day but it was way to good to save lol it was ALARMING how delicious this entree tasted thank you so much for sharing!!!!! All hail bacon butter cheese and garlic lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this was amazing! I seasoned the chicken with my own seasoning and marinated it in Lawry's, but followed everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi
    Can you use boneless skinless chicken thighs in this recipe, I prefer dark meat. Also, what's the longest amount of time you can marinate the chicken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jackie! I think chicken thighs sound great for this. I would think you could marinate it overnight. I've left marinated chicken in the fridge for two days, and it was fine. Enjoy!

      Delete
  7. Where does the bacon come in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no bacon in this recipe. It's just the first word in the title of my blog. I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  8. This was so good. I used up all the bottles of Litehouse and Marie's ranch dressings so I had Jalapeño Ranch, Salsa Lite Ranch and Original Ranch. Had no provolone so extra sharp cheddar. SPECTACULAR. If I had tried a bite before my husband came home he might have ended up with a frozen pizza because I would have devoured it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Laurie! I'm so glad you liked it. Jalapeno Ranch sounds great! I've never heard of Salsa Ranch. I'll have to try it!

      Delete
  9. This is in our regular meal rotation now! My husband brags on this dish constantly! Even my three, very picky, kids eat it and love it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! I'm so glad you all like it!

      Delete
  10. Do you discard the marinade before cooking?

    ReplyDelete