Saturday, April 6, 2013

Cajun Spice Roasted Corn


This corn is my second most favorite way to eat corn.  If I had some Frank's Red Hot sauce to put on top, then it would be my favorite.  I just didn't have any.  Sad day...

The cajun spice I use is Emeril Lagasse's recipe for Creole Seasoning taken from his cookbook, Delmonico.  It makes a lot, so just use as much or little as you like.  I hope you enjoy it.

CAJUN SPICE ROASTED CORN
Ears of corn, husks still on (use as many or as little as you like)
1 recipe of Emeril's Creole Seasoning (to follow)
Butter

Peel the husks back on the corn but don't remove it.  Clean off as much of the silk (the strings) as you can get.  Fold the husks back over the corn. Submerge corn in water (I use the sink) and soak for about 20 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Lay the corn out on a sheet pan.  Roast about 20 to 25 minutes or until they are tender.  To serve, lather them up with butter and sprinkle on the Creole Seasoning.  If you like Frank's Red Hot, trust me, pour some of that on too.

EMERIL LAGASSE'S CREOLE SEASONING
2 1/2 T paprika
2 T salt
2 T garlic powder
1 T black pepper
1 T onion powder
1 T cayenne powder
1 T dried oregano
1 T dried thyme

Mix all ingredients together well.  Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment