Sunday, April 21, 2013

And a Bag of Chips


When I was a kid, I think I must have eaten Doritos every single day. Okay, not really.  My mom didn't really buy junk food, so we rarely had any in the house.  But, if I had enough spare change to buy a bag, you can bet I did.  And that was back when there were only two flavors of Doritos, the plain corn chips and the nacho cheese.  It's amazing how many different flavors there are now.  I once bought my kids a bag of cheeseburger flavored Doritos.  The kids liked them, but it was a little strange for me.  My husband likes the salsa verde flavor, I like the buffalo wings and ranch flavor, and our kids will eat any of them.  But, alas, like my mother, I rarely buy junk food so they don't get Doritos very often.

You can imagine the sheer excitement when I announced to the family that I was going to make chicken coated with Doritos!  And, of course, I had to do one of my favorites things to chicken...stuff it with cheese.  I just can't help myself.  Top it all off with some Cadillac Queso, and it is Doritos heaven.

What's your favorite flavor of Doritos?

CHEESE-STUFFED DORITOS CRUSTED CHICKEN
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied and pounded thin
8 1/4 inch slices of pepper jack cheese (off of an 8-ounce block)
One 11-ounce bag of Doritos, any flavor
2 eggs
Cadillac Queso

Crush the Doritos in a food processor or coffee grinder until very fine. Mix the eggs with a splash of water.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Place two slices of cheese inside the chicken and secure with three toothpicks, making sure no cheese shows through.  Dredge the chicken in the egg wash first, then in the crushed Doritos.  Bake for 20-30 minutes (depends on how big the chicken is) or until chicken is done.  Serve with Cadillac Queso on top of the chicken.

**NOTE:  Be sure to tell your diners to remove the three toothpicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment